The Sixth Form is pivotal in a student's educational journey, and as such, we offer a comprehensive package of support and assistance to build a pathway to success beyond school, focusing on gaining entry to a university of their choice by developing the necessary skill set to succeed. 

KTJ's Sixth Form Team consists of the Head of Sixth Form, Emma Davidson, a dedicated and experienced group of teachers, a Higher Education and Careers Guidance Counsellor, as well as access to Sixth Form mentors, Student Support and the English as an additional language (EAL) department. 

Each student is assigned a higher education mentor who works in conjunction with subject staff and the Sixth Form Team to offer students support to build a competitive university application. Advice on university subject choices is provided by our experienced Higher Education and Careers Guidance Counsellor.     

Learning support is available for students with special educational needs, and  counselling is provided for students who require guidance with their emotional or mental well-being. 

Language competency

English Language Support is available for students whose first language is not English, as well as to students who need to gain the required level of English for university entry. We have a comprehensive programme in place to support students in successfully completing the required tests with confidence. This includes:

• IELTS preparatory classes that develop all four English macro-skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking), with special emphasis on writing, and that also explore a wide range of exam techniques.
  • An SAT course to help students prepare effectively for the Reading and Writing sections of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) used for university admission in the United States.

Interview skills 

The staff at the Sixth Form Centre organise regular training sessions for students who need interview practice. External interviewers are also available to provide training for university interviews.

Personal Statements

The Sixth Form Centre staff and Higher Education Mentors help our students to craft their personal statements for university applications. The statements are drafted on multiple occasions, following consultations with the student’s personal mentor and relevant subject teachers, before they are finalised and submitted.

Networking with top universities

KTJ organises regular visits from top universities. These include Imperial, Kings, LSE, Manchester and Warwick, among others. These visits give our students the opportunity to speak to admissions tutors and gain access to up-to-date information. In addition to UK universities, KTJ has developed good working relationships with universities in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, New Zealand and the United States. 

Financial

Each year, KTJ offers Sixth Form Academic Scholarships to dedicated students in recognition of their outstanding academic achievements. If you are interested in applying, please visit our Fees and Scholarships page for more information.

Where next?

Academic Results
Facilities
KTJ Sixth Form
Admissions Process
Scholarships