KTJ Secondary offers a holistic and rigorous curriculum which is designed to support excellence both in and out of the classroom. This is supplemented by a wide-range of co-curricular activities (CCAs) to help our students discover and develop qualities and characteristics outside of academics. 

The Secondary school encompasses Form 1 to 5 and the Sixth Form. Our students in Forms 1 to 3 follow a bespoke syllabus based on the English National Curriculum while students in Form 4 start preparing for their IGCSE exams which they sit for in Form 5. Learning is then further developed in the Sixth Form through A Levels, IELTS and university preparation. 

Secondary school is an important period in students' lives as they transition from being children to young adults. As such, KTJ provides integrated support for our students' academic, emotional and physical needs. This includes English language and learning support for those who require it, as well as counselling services and health services. 

Parents can rest assured that the welfare of their students is a top priority at KTJ. 

In line with our holistic approach to education, we believe that apart from focusing on academic achievements, our students also need to nurture and build on the skills and dispositions that we call the KTJ Learner Characteristics. 

Here is Sarah Chesworth, Head of KTJ Secondary (Academic) to tell us more:

Key Points:

• The KTJ Secondary syllabus is based upon the English National Curriculum.
  • For students who come from our Primary School, we liaise closely with staff there to ensure a smooth transition.
  • Forms 1 to 3 are offered a wide range of subjects to explore before making their final choices for their IGCSE exams. The full list of available subjects is listed in the Middle School Handbook.
  • Students in Form 4 prepare for their IGCSE examinations which take place in May, at the end of Form 5.
  • We advise all students together with their parents to select IGCSEs that are aligned with their individual strengths and areas of interest. Full details of the subjects available are listed in the IGCSE Subject Choices Handbook.
  • Students can approach their teachers, Houseparent, Teacher Mentor or our professional counsellors for help and advice. They can also contact the Student Support Team for help with their studies.
  • In line with our holistic approach to education, we believe that apart from focusing on academic achievements, our students also need to nurture and build on that attitudes and habits that we call the KTJ Learner Attributes.